RPTA Junior Paddle Clinics
The Rowayton Junior Paddle program, run by Bill Pank, teaches kids the fundamentals of paddle tennis: forehands, backhands, volleying, screenshots, serves and game strategy without losing sight of why we play the game… FUN!!!
Bill has been teaching paddle tennis in Fairfield County for the past thirteen years. He has been involved with the junior programs at Wee Burn, Woodway and New Canaan Country Clubs. For the last 12 years he has run Rowayton’s Junior Program helping it grow from 14 kids to an enrollment of approximately 100. A Rowayton native, Bill started his paddle career as a junior in Rowayton, has served on the RPTA Board, and is a member of Rowayton’s Division 1 Men’s Team.
The 2016-17 Junior Paddle Clinics
• Classes begin the week of November 7 and run through February. We will have paddle on Election Day.
• $300 for 12 classes for 2nd to 12th grades.
• All classes cancelled due to weather will be made up at the end of the session.
• Classes are held on all school days (Norwalk public school calendar). If school is cancelled due to weather, paddle is also canceled.
• Participants must be members (Junior memberships available)
Please fill out the registration online at this link. If your child is unable to meet at the scheduled class for his/her age group please put in day and time that they will be able to participate and we will do our best to make accommodate your schedule. As soon as classes are formed you will be emailed with specific time and day of your class.
Mondays: 7th and 8th grade girls and boys
Tuesdays: 4th and 6th grade girls, 6th grade boys
Wednesdays: 5th grade boys and girls
Thursdays: 4th grade boys
Fridays: 2nd and 3rd grade boys and girls
For more information on the Jr. Paddle Program please email the RPTA.
If you haven’t joined or renewed your RPTA membership, please do so today.
Use this link and follow the directions under “Join or Renew your Membership.”
RPTA Junior Clinic Schedules, November 2013 – February 2014
Grades 4 and up:
Monday through Thursday
4:00-5:00pm, 5:00-6:00pm, 6:00-7:00pm
Grades 2 and 3: